Monday, July 29, 2013

Possible Project?

Howdy howdy.

I've always been a fan of the talkbox with my guitar. I used to have one but unfortunately I had to sell it awhile back. If you by any chance don't know what it is, it's a pedal basically with a built-in amplifier and EQ that's connected to a rubber tube that lets you control the sound with mouthing out words. That classic Peter Frampton sound.

Is anyone interested in possibly doing one of these? It sounds like it's something that could be simple.
I found the schematic for the model talkbox I used to own, take a looksie..


1 comment:

  1. Easy enough to do with any amplifier circuit, though maybe you'd want to add tone control for better guitar tone.
    People seem to gravitate towards the LM386 because it's so simple to build, but it is far from clean and not really all that powerful.
    I'd recommend building Velleman's 7W kit using the TDA 2003 chip: plenty of clean volume for a talk box.
    http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=320-214

    ReplyDelete