Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Vigen BBD project week 7 part 1

Hello All,
I have finally got my circuit to work and now I can begin to add the filter sections and tweak the circuit to get a better sound.  It currently is extremely noisy since their is no low pass filter and the voltage bias on the BBD and clock have not been optimized.  Setting the bias is not easy and requires some time and patience in setting up the circuit.  It is also a very fine tuning process since the BBD chip wants to see a very narrow range of voltage values.  This is why most of these types of pedals use a compander section to compress the signal voltage to usable levels and then expanding the echos upon reaching the output stage.  More details to follow.  I found a great website for DIY pedal building that provided a nice schematic, parts list and even a circuit trace for a functioning BBD-style delay pedal!  I will be analyzing this schematic and then continuing my circuit bread board.  Hopefully, I will be able to tweak the design to make my own version and to create an awesome analog delay pedal.  Here is the link to the resources and I will be posting some updates of my design here soon.

AD-3208
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/projects/20-modulationecho/48-ad-3208

Edward

No comments:

Post a Comment